Have you every wanted to bake a sourdough bread but worried that it might be to complex or take to much time? Have a look at SourdoughSA’s super easy sourdough bread recipe.
- Stoneground white flour 600g
- Sea Salt 018g
- Stoneground whole wheat flour 100g
- Water 527g
- Sourdough Culture 0.170g
- Before starting this easy sourdough recipe refresh your culture about 4 hour before use, do the water test and see if the culture floats on top.
- Mix all the ingredients together, till a smooth and soft dough. Dough temp should be around 26°C
- Cover the dough and bulk ferment for 3 hours, with a fold every hour.
- Shape the dough into required round shapes,
- Put dough pieces into banettons up-side-down, or cover dough pieces, Secondary ferment for 2-3 hours
- Cut the dough pieces on top, Place them on a baking tray, cover the dough with a steel lid leaving enough space for the dough to rise while it bake,
- Bake in a pre-heated oven with steam 220°C, Remove the steel lid after 15min of baking, and bake till golden brown,